The small mining mountain village Vyšná Boca is a picturesque village, almost exclusively consisting of wooden cottages and chalets. Because of little inhabitation, village will satisfy tourists looking for peace and calm in the loneliness of nature, while enjoying the benefits of civilization (restaurants, ski slopes, cozy non-smoking pub “Krčma u Beťára”).
The dominant feature of the village is the sacral cultural monument – the Evangelical Church from 1785.
In the centre of the village behind the church there is a mineral spring “Kyselka” with delicate mild sulfuric and iron water, which best extinguishes thirst during hot summer days. Close to the “Kyselka” there is Salvator Mining Galley, which will take you into the history of this mining village and reveal its mysteries.
During the weekends, the local blacksmith bids a heart, a key or a horseshoe for your happiness.
Those interested in history will surely appreciate the museum “Baník house”, which will bring you in the way of life of the first inhabitants of Vyšná Boca, Museum of the Liptov Village located nearby in Pribylina or Ruins of the castle and a manor in Liptovský Hrádok with pleasant walk around the pond.
We recommend skiing in nearby ski resorts:
- Ski Center Bačova Roveň (only 250 m from the accommodation)
- Ski resort STIV Čertovica 4.7 km,
- Mýto Ski Center (Mýto pod Ďumbierom) 19.5 km,
- Ski Tále 24 km,
- Ski Opalisko (Liptovský Ján) 29,6 km,
- Jasná Záhradky 44.4 km,
- Jasná Chopok Juh (Tále) 31,6 km,
- Jasná Chopok Sever 45.7 km.
Tourists definitely do away with one of their goals:
- for the smallest is the ideal hiking trail to Nižná Boca,
- Bacúšske sedlo and Bacúšska dolina,
- Rovná hoľa,
- Kráľova hoľa,
- Pekná vyhliadka,
- Konský grúň.
You can easily plan your trip on a tourist map, find by clicking here (TU).
In addition to the picturesque countryside, the nearby swimming pools and wellness will allow you to relax your body and soul:
- GinoParadise Bešeňová 47,7 km,
- Aquapark Tatralandia 37,2 km,
- Aquacity Poprad 58,6 km,
- Hotel Permon in Podbanské 37.2 km,
- thermal and natural swimming pool MÁJ in Liptovský Ján 27.5 km.
We also recommend not forgetting the unforgettable moments of our Mother Nature (caves):
- Demänovská jaskyňa slobody (cave) 41 km,
- Demänovská ľadová jaskyňa (cave) 38,9 km,
- Bystrianska jaskyňa (cave) 21,5 km,
- Jaskyňa mŕtvych netopierov (cave) 31 km.
The local restaurants offer a selection of traditional Slovak dishes and beverages that make the body and mind happy:
- Hotel Barbora (Vyšná Boca),
- Reštaurácia Koliba (Liptovský Hrádok),
- LH Point (Liptovský Hrádok),
- Café Exclusive (Liptovský Hrádok),
- Reštaurácia u Magdalény Zai (Liptovský Hrádok),
- Koliba U starej matere (Nemecká).